Through government relations and advocacy, the MHA provides the opportunity for hotels to speak with one voice to effectively influence policy makers at all levels.
Hotels are affected every day by a myriad of different and ever-changing laws and regulations. The MHA works on behalf of its members to help ensure that regulatory requirements for hotels are reasonable, clear, and well understood by the industry.
The MHA’s regulatory affairs program includes:
- Developing positive working relationships with elected representatives, government officials and members of the opposition at the municipal, provincial and federal levels of government;
- Monitoring changes to legislation and regulations that affect the hotel industry;
- Influencing legislation and regulation development through meetings, correspondence, presentations and participation in government committees and working groups;
- Surveying MHA members to solicit their input, and sharing that input with government;
- Ensuring MHA members are aware of any new or changing public policy that affects the hotel industry.
- Liquor and gaming policy
- Labour policy, including minimum wage and workplace health and safety regulations
- Municipal issues such roads and water quality
- The Liquor and Gaming Authority’s Hospitality Industry Advisory Committee
- The Accessibility Advisory Council
- The Manitoba Employers Council
- Manitoba Chambers of Commerce
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Taxi Cab Task Force
- Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy Provincial Steering Committee
For further information about MHA regulatory affairs, or to offer your input on policy issues affecting your hotel, please contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 942-0671.